- 在国外度过一个学期 在阿库雷里 位于冰岛东北海岸. You'll be studying in 冰岛's second-largest urban area surrounded by mountains and fjords.
- 享受课外生活 with a variety of cultural activities, local field trips, and excursions.
- 体验冰岛文化 through your daily life in and around 阿库雷里 and the rest of the country.
- Take courses to fulfill your core curriculum or major requirements 有人文学科的课程, 海洋科学, 经济学, 以及国际关系, 英语授课.
位于北大西洋, the stunning island nation of 冰岛 is the world’s most peaceful nation, a fact visible in the country’s unique Nordic culture, 崎岖的风景, 和强烈的传统意识. 阿库雷里, 绰号“绿城”, is located in northeast 冰岛 and is the nation’s second-largest urban area. It is surrounded by mountains at the head of 冰岛’s longest fjord, Eyjafjörður.
阿库雷里 is the site of a robust cultural scene, a beautiful waterfront downtown area, 还有一个热情的社区. As an exchange student at the University of 阿库雷里, you will live and take classes in a variety of subjects at the university while experiencing all that the unique country of 冰岛 has to offer.
UNE will work with the University of 阿库雷里 to determine suitable housing options. The exact type and location of housing is based on availability each semester and is typically a shared student apartment or guesthouse with whom the University of 阿库雷里 collaborates.
You'll begin your study abroad experience before even leaving home by participating in information sessions and a Pre-Departure 取向 with the 全球 Education Program staff. The orientation allows you to connect with others in the group, reflect on what you want to get out of the program and learn what others in the group would like to accomplish.
The UNE 冰岛 program 在阿库雷里 offers a curriculum that meets the needs of a broad range of undergraduate majors. 人文学科课程, 海洋科学, 经济学, 以及国际关系 allow you to take the courses you need, 英语授课, while experiencing life in a different culture.
- Support from on-site staff at the University of 阿库雷里
- On-campus extracurricular activities, gym, and workshops
- Pre-departure and on-site orientation program
学生 spend 16-18 weeks 在阿库雷里. Fall semester students arrive in 冰岛 in late August and return home in mid-December. Spring semester students arrive in 冰岛 at the beginning of January and return home in mid-May.
学生必须有2分.最低GPA 5分. No 冰岛ic language experience is necessary, and all majors are welcome. 学生 should bring their own laptops.
学生 keep all UNE scholarships and financial aid and are billed the same tuition as for a traditional on-campus semester, plus the standard UNE rate for housing without a meal plan.
学生 participating in a UNE semester abroad program will be automatically awarded a 500美元全球教育奖学金. 学生也可以申请 唐斯家庭旅游奖学金. This scholarship was established by Mrs. 伊娃米. Downs, whose late husband, Jacques M. Downs, was a much-loved history professor at UNE. The Downs family are champions of global education and UNE’s campus in 摩洛哥. The scholarship was established to provide support for students who might not otherwise be able or inclined to participate in a semester abroad at the UNE Tangier Campus or other UNE semester-abroad programs.
- Deadline for Fall semester abroad programs: April 1
- Deadline for Spring semester abroad programs: November 1
Other outside scholarships may be available; visit the 奖学金机会清单 or contact the 全球 Education team for more details.